Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Makings of a Wreath





So I'm really into making yarn and felt wreaths right now. Here is a how-to guide.

First thing is get a straw wreath. You can use foam, but I prefer straw. You can decide if you want to leave the plastic wrap on or take it off. I prefer to leave it on because I do not want straw all over the apartment. Even with it left on it gets everywhere still.



Next begin to wrap the wreath with yarn. Tie it around the wreath and start wrapping. It does not need to be perfect. I like to tie pieces off and do a little at a time. For some reason it really annoys me to put the giant yarn ball through the center.




If you're lucky a cat will come and "help" you. They do this by chasing the end of yarn, chewing on the yarn ball, and using their claws on everything.



It surprisingly is time consuming. I did this while watching a few episodes of The OC Season 1.



Next get creative and add to it. This is rather Rainbow Brite-ish.




Hopefully one of my friends will enjoy this for Christmas! :)

Let me know if you create any wreaths!

No comments:

Post a Comment