Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wait didn't this used to be a style blog?


Yes, this was once a style blog but I deleted it. I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about having my pictures out there. I probably will still occasionally post style pictures.

I admit that I love and adore clothes. I just don't know how I feel about shopping blogs. But yes, I do enjoy Anthropologie A LOT.

So currently I am enjoying getting into crafting. I recently moved 4+ hours away from home and all my friends. So I am learning how to amuse myself. My projects to date have included wreath making, a button collage of Virginia, decoupaging tables with maps, decorating magnets for the fridge, decorating a lampshade, starting a quilt, and making necklaces. Notice a home beautifying theme? New apartment and low on cash!


More importantly, I am a crafter that is learning. This is a new addiction for me. Here is a showcase of my recent creations...




Rainbow Wreath




Old lampshade spruced up with felt. Felt is currently my favorite medium. Also the table underneath is a tray table. Husband's former roomate left tray tables behind, so I decided to decoupage them. It was my first attempt and came out really wrinkly.



Terrarium




Fridge decor





Honestly, this one is all Husband's doing. He took pages from old atlases and encyclopedias to use as art. These date from late 19th century to early 20th century.





Virginia! I want to make more of these, but I don't want to use all of my buttons. Most of these buttons belonged to my Great Grandmother. I want to be selfish and keep them for myself.




This is a wreath in progress. I have some crafting material leftover from the wedding I want to use to finish this wreath.




I just ordered a 50 pack of felt. More crafts coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Gaaah, you make such cute things. Open an Etsy shop, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh that makes me a bit sad :( I liked that you were a beautiful stylish lady who wasn't a twig, but I can understand that the exposure might be a little scary. I look forward to your new content!

    ReplyDelete